Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Homemade Winter Centerpiece

Since Christmas 2009 has become a memory I had to take down all our Christmas stuff, and in doing so I had to remove the Christmas centerpiece I had on my table; however, since it is still going to be winter for quite a while I took a little bit of time and some left over items and I was able to make the winter centerpiece shown below. Maybe this will inspire you to take something and make one of your own. If you do reply with a picture if you want and we can see how many creative people are still out there. I know some of you reading this wont be able to resist the challenge...lol

First we started with some logs cut and screwed together in different sizes.
Then you take some pine cones

And glue them into different places.

Then add some greenery

And some berries

and then get some snowmen or whatever you have for winter and set them around on the logs .
(The snowmen we didn't glue in place in case we wanted to use something else later)

Finally the finished product.

Anyone want to venture a guess at where this wood came from? (Thank you Sister Judy!)

1 comment:

~Kimberly~ said...

Oh I just love the idea and it turned out so pretty! I'm inspired! When I get moved into my new house, lets make one for my table, 'K!!

Your new blog look is very pretty also...cool 'n wintry!

Love you, Kimi

July 4th 2013

Here are some of the pictures from our 4th of July day this year. We had my Sister in Law Pam, Brad, and Linden in for a visit and we did a ...