Sunday, December 21, 2008

Trip to the Amish

Well we went ahead and took our annual trip to the Amish community up here in Wisconsin to get all the seasonings we need for the year, because last time they were closed as we got there right before Christmas. I took quite a few pictures, but I forgot to take one of the actual general store that we went to. Here is a few of the pictures we took.
How would you like to hang clothes out in the snow. I wonder how long it takes for them to dry!

Here is a few pictures of the (unheated) buggies they were riding around it.

Here is one of the guy plowing the snow from a school or church with a team of horses. Very innovative.

Here is their school house.

They had a sign referring to the highly efficient vehicles and it did heed a warning that you do not want to step in the exhaust...well I took a picture of that exhaust and they were right you don't want to step in it.
As we were driving home we thought we woudl take a few pictures of actual sheaves of wheat done by hand. Pretty cool to see after only reading about it in the Bible.
Here we are headed back to the house because we were getting 3 to 5 inches of snow that night.

Stay tuned because I have another post showing the temperature from this morning and boy was it cold.

3 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

Brrrrr.....ooooo it looks tooo cold there for me. It is so beautiful though. It is amazing to see how others can 'really' survive in this world. Admirable.
Love and miss you!
Kimi

Music Eloquence said...

That is sooooo neat. I have always wanted to go visit an Amish community. By the way... I want to see YOU GUYS in the pictures with the sheaves, wagons, etc. I hope you're having a TERRIFIC time. We love you all and miss you. Come home soon... at least keep taking lots of pictures. (I'm proud of your blogging skills of late... lol)

Michelle O said...

My mother is from Pennsylvania and she remembers going to visit Amish communities. I have always wanted to go. It truly looks beautiful and peaceful. I had thought that I might want to live like that before, then I got hungry and heated up some leftovers in the microwave and changed my mind. JK!!
Michelle O

July 4th 2013

Here are some of the pictures from our 4th of July day this year. We had my Sister in Law Pam, Brad, and Linden in for a visit and we did a ...